Current open positions for the 2023 season are listed below. Please note that applications without a resume will not be considered.
Kitchen/Lodge Staff Member
We are searching for a summer 2023 team member to join our kitchen/lodge staff. Our goal is to provide a personalized experience that keeps guests coming back year after year. We are searching for lodge staff members who are high energy, can work as part of a team, have a focus on guest experience, and with an attention to even the smallest details.
Duties may include:
- Prep of lunch items including sandwiches, salads, and side salads
- Baking sandwich bread as well as cookies daily
- Dining room service during breakfast and dinner
- Dishes during breakfast and dinner service
- Cleaning of the kitchen
- Other tasks around the lodge as needed
- Strict attention to detail – our guests are used to first class service and we strive for nothing less
- Polite and professional demeanor
- Positive attitude
- Ability to be part of a close knit team, but also work independently during the day
- Timely and dependable
Past seasonal/lodge experience is a plus, but not required. Must be 21 to apply.
- Salary is monthly plus tips and is very competitive
- All food and housing is provided
- Staff cabins each have two private bedrooms with a shared bathroom and living room. All the cabins have WiFi, satellite TV, and 24/7 electricity.
- Transportation from Anchorage to lodge
You do not need to have experience in all areas listed below. We will train the right person who has the ability to learn on the job in a unique and rapidly changing environment.
Term: June 1st – Early October
- Catching and releasing float planes from our dock
- Helping load/unload planes
- Maintaining lodge generators – oil/filter changes weekly
- Garbage disposal-burning trash
- Water filtration maintenance – cleaning/changing filters
- Hot tub maintenance – checking/maintaining chemical levels, cleaning when required
- Lawn maintenance – mowing weekly
- Addressing and troubleshooting other issues that come up around the lodge to keep things running smoothly
- Problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Time management
- Ability to learn on the job
(OPTION FOR INTERESTED PILOTS – NOT REQUIRED) Periodic flying Cessna 206 on floats. We are interested in talking to individuals with at least a private pilots license and float rating to do lodge maintenance while building hours. Frequency will be determined by need and competency but this could be a great opportunity to build Alaska float time in a high performance plane with the intent to move into a full time flying job. Or a great gig for someone looking to fly, but not full time.
- Competitive monthly salary (DOE) plus tips
- Meals and housing
- Transportation from Anchorage to the lodge
Staff cabins are two private bedrooms with a shared bathroom and living room. Each cabin has WiFi, satellite TV, and 24/7 power.